Salary: £24k – Full time
Based in Shoreditch, London
Blue is looking to hire an Operations Coordinator to start immediately.
You will be working directly with the Management Team, to develop new business processes and systems, covering all aspects of business such as client development, workflow, BID, marketing, financial forecasting, product testing, approvals and recruitment.
This role is suitable for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, who wants to develop their career at a pace. You will demonstrate curiosity and a desire to learn from the outset.
The ability to investigate possibilities, and the tenacity to see initiatives develop to fruition are essential for your success in this role.
You will be joining a fast-growing business that are utilising the existing business model to create new revenue streams.
To give long-term context, the below list sets out the expected career progression for this role:
Year 1: Shadow and support the Managing Partner to run the existing business.
Year 2-3: Take ownership of key parts of the new businesses and develop them.
Year 4-5: Build the complexity of your role and manage others to help you succeed.
Year 6+: Take full responsibility for the success and development of a revenue stream.
Blue Engineering is focused on the personal and professional progression of employees at all levels. We offer quarterly reviews where you will create a development action plan to work on over the following 3 months. We also operate a 360-degree review process, with biannual reviews in April and November. This allows for you to provide feedback on how Blue and your colleagues are doing, as well as those who work alongside you at varying levels to provide feedback on how you are doing. There will be a probation period for the first six months, where we will meet with you monthly to check in on how you are getting on.
We have 12 Levels at Blue, each with a corresponding salary. It is generally the case that providing you are sufficiently progressing your knowledge, skills and abilities, then you would go up a level each year. Below is an indication of what your first few years would look like;
The first year
The role develops as you do, here’s a list of roles we think you would be undertaking within Blue in your first year:
- Act as a liaison to coordinate new initiatives within the company.
- Actively engage in and drive forward the business objectives.
- Take ownership of an internal project to be decided at the 3-month probation review
You will also be assigned to one of the engineering teams, here’s a list of responsibilities that you would have within that team:
- Be a linchpin between the Client Lead and the rest of the engineering team
- Work closely with the Client Lead, manage the BID process within the team
- Plan, schedule, and communicate workload ensuring deadlines are met
- Manage the Team’s billing and invoicing ensuring targets are met
- Oversee the project onboarding and offboarding process to include quality control of the product
- Provide a feedback loop into the Management Team suggesting ways to improve the operational running of the team
You will be encouraged to read (or listen to) business books and podcasts to develop your skills in this long-term role. If you have a thirst for knowledge and a love for learning, you belong to our team.
If this is the role for you, please apply by clicking here to book a test!
We are a people-led structural engineering consultancy that is gaining market share every year due to our innovative processes and unique business model. We have grown on average 25% every year and we are not at the point of diversifying our products and services to our existing clients.
We are specialists in providing structural engineering solutions to residential projects. We work in partnership with architectural practices to give clients the very best experience in upgrading their home, office or portfolio of buildings.
We believe that people have unlimited potential. Therefore, we are committed to fostering opportunities for professional development for the whole of our team of 40+ staff.
At Blue, ‘We make people stand up’. We elevate individuals, by teaching them the technical aspect of the professional, as well as commercial mentoring and coaching.
Our culture is the driving force of the way we operate. It enables us to create new careers such as this and to pay people for what they contribute. It is important that everyone who joins us can relate to the values which create this environment. We six values we committed to are:
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Business, Humanities or Engineering from a reputable university.
- Able to assess risk and come up with strategies to limit the downsides.
- Able to build rapport with others and work through problems through conversation and logical thinking.
- Capable of working independently with the ability to summarise content and present it to others.
- Have full eligibility to work in the UK without an employer-sponsored visa.
- Commuting time to our office must be less than one hour, and you must be prepared to come to the office every day, you will learn faster.
Blue Engineering offers all staff a wealth of benefits which we are continually seeking to improve.
We provide: Ability to buy more holiday, flexible working, interest-free loans, the cycle to work scheme, matched charitable donations, financial coaching, access to the annual personal development fund, paid NHS prescriptions, eye tests, working from home support, two-week quarantine allowance, referral rewards, subsidised design and make projects, cross-company partnerships, 5-a-side football, and regular socials to top it off.
How to apply
If this is the role for you, please click here to book a test!